PLIDA stands for Pregnancy Loss and Infant Death Alliance
PLIDA serves as leaders in perinatal and neonatal bereavement care.
We do this through education, advocacy and networking for health care providers and parent advocates. We promote the highest quality of consistent evidence based care for all families.Providing perinatal bereavement care is imperative. It is not an option.
We express our mission through professional continuing education, the establishment of position statements and practice guidelines, unified response to issues in the media or legislation, and by creating a network for professionals to share questions, resources, insight and support.
Why Join PLIDA?
Ask PLIDA is now live! This is a member-only consultation service designed to guide members in developing competencies in knowledge, practice, communicating, problem solving, decision making, and relationship development. Get started here!
As a member of PLIDA, you will have full access to our position statements. Topics include:
1. Bereaved Parents’ Right to Self-Determination Regarding Their Baby
2. Delaying Postmortem Pathology Studies
3. Infection Risks Are Insignificant When Parents Have Contact With Their Baby After Death
4. Lactation After Perinatal Loss Requires Education and Specialized Care
5. Offer the Baby to Bereaved Parents With Relationship-Based Care
6. Pregnancy After Perinatal Loss Requires Unique Care
7. Pregnancy Termination Following Adverse Fetal or Maternal Diagnosis
The resource list is a benefit for PLIDA members only. By becoming a PLIDA member you will not only have access to resources suggested by the PLIDA community, but will also be able to recommend your most trusted resources to others.
As a member benefit, PLIDA launched a closed forum on Facebook, which allows for secure and immediate access to PLIDA members and experts; 24/7. This group is closed, only available for access by active PLIDA members, and provides a forum style resource for members to ask for support, educational resources, a specific question, or to find out about upcoming events.