PLIDA (Pregnancy Loss and Infant Death Alliance) is proud to announce that with the support of funding through PCORI*, we will be awarding 27 conference scholarships to professional care providers, parent advocates, and researchers exhibiting financial need who would like to attend the 21st International Perinatal Bereavement Conference in St. Louis, Missouri on October 24 - 27, 2018.
These scholarships are intended to provide financial assistance to those who would otherwise be unable to pay for the conference registration fee. The goals of the conference are to a) support members in networking; b) improve the overall state of perinatal bereavement care through evidence-based knowledge translation; and c) enhance connections among professional care providers, parent advocates, and researchers.
There are a total of 27 scholarships available, 9 for each of the following 3 groups:
- Professional Care Providers
- Parent Advocates
The scholarships are accessible to any current PLIDA member who is interested in attending the conference, able to provide rationale for attending, and able to describe personal or professional financial constraints of attending this conference (see application on next page). The scholarships cover only the cost of the main conference. Scholarship recipients remain responsible for any additional costs outside of the conference registration fee, including
- - Any Pre-Conference Sessions
- - Welcome Reception
- - Travel
- - Accommodations
Those eligible to apply and receive a scholarship include:
- Current PLIDA members serving in the field of perinatal bereavement who wish to attend the conference. If you are not yet a member of PLIDA, click here to join https://plida.org/membership-options-page/
- PLIDA members who exhibit interest in attending the conference and can describe financial constraints associated with the cost of the conference. If you have already registered for the conference and are awarded a scholarship, the cost of your registration will be refunded.
- Members who have completed the Scholarship Application in its entirety and have submitted it to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline of August 7, 2018.
PLEASE NOTE: This scholarship opportunity is specifically for PLIDA members not involved in the IPBC presentation; therefore conference speakers, poster presenters, sponsors, and board members are NOT eligible to apply.
*These sponsorships are made possible by funding through a Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) Eugene Washington PCORI Engagement Award.