"Ask PLIDA" is a member-only consultation service designed to guide members in developing competencies in knowledge, practice, communicating, problem solving, decision making, and relationship development. Common topic areas for member questions include
- Policies, protocols, and procedures (e.g., how to apply principles of the teaching/learning theory of Guided Participation)
- What to do or say (e.g., being with, communicating, decision making, offering keepsakes)
- Developing or sustaining perinatal bereavement programs and services
- Developing relationships (e.g., with patients and families, senior leaders, colleagues, other team members, the baby and siblings)
- Maternal death
- Maternal mental health
- Loss in the emergency department
- Caring for children when a baby dies
The response to your question may refer you to an individual, a website, or an article that represent identified best practices in perinatal loss and care. "Ask PLIDA" coordinators from the PLIDA Education Committee respond by email within 10 days.
Disclaimer: The Pregnancy Loss and Infant Death Alliance (PLIDA) does not provide medical advice and assumes no legal liability.
Please note: As we launch the pilot of "Ask PLIDA," we anticipate questions in the above categories. At the same time, we encourage exploration that is outside the box. Please do not hesitate to email the Ask PLIDA coordinators (email@example.com) with feedback about this new PLIDA member offering.
Please complete the form below to submit your question.
Rebecca Carter, MS, Certified Genetic Counselor
Assistant Professor, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
PLIDA Education Committee Co-Chair
Rana Limbo, PhD, RN, CPLC, FAAN
Director Emeritus, Resolve Through Sharing
Gundersen Medical Foundation
La Crosse, Wisconsin
PLIDA Past President
PLIDA Conference Planning Committee
Deborah Rich, PhD, CPLC, Licensed Psychologist
Founder/Director, Shoshana Center for Reproductive Health Psychology, PLLC
St. Paul, Minnesota
PLIDA Founding Board Member
Resolve Through Sharing National Faculty